Guys, movie nights with friends just took a whole new direction. In this age of social distancing and invisible enemies, it does feel as if we have all become the lead actors in a sci-fi movie, doesn’t it?
Fortunately, exciting new apps and tools launch each day to help us adapt to and love, spending more time on the couch. Why not invite your best friend for a Netflix Party (now called Teleparty)? It’s the coolest new tool and lets you chat to your invited peeps in a chatbox on the screen while watching the same shows. It’s free and safe to download, so there’s no reason not to.
Without any further ado, here’s how to use Teleparty.
How to start a Netflix Party (Teleparty)?
Here’s are the steps for starting your own Teleparty.
Step 1: Install the Netflix Party (Teleparty)
- Your first step is to install Teleparty by visiting netflixparty.com. You can navigate to the site by typing the URL directly into your browser.
- When you’re on the page, you can opt to ‘Install Netflix Party’ or click on “Get Teleparty For Free.’
- The page will redirect to the Chrome Web Store. You can now select the ‘Add to Chrome’ button to install the Teleparty extension.
Step 2: Open a Series or Movie on Netflix
- You can now log into your Netflix account as per usual in a new tab.
- Choose any movie or series that you want to watch with your friends while hosting your Teleparty .
Step 3: Invite your guests and start your party
- Once you’ve decided on your show of choice, you can press the red NP icon that’s situated next to the address bar to create your party.
- Your party is about to start, with just a few more clicks.
- Click on the ‘Start Party’ button and send the URL to all the friends and family members you want to invite.
- Your guests will receive the URL invitation and click on the link to get in on the fun.
A part of your screen will now become a chatbox where you can have fun discussing the movie and enjoying a night of entertainment as if you’re all in the same room.
How to join a Netflix Party (Teleparty)
If you want to join someone else’s Teleparty, you’ll need to do the following:
Step 1: Accept the invitation.
- Click on the party URL to accept the invite
- On the Netflix Website, you must press the NP icon next to the address bar to join in.
Step 2: Choose a remote master
Only one person can run the show and decide when to play, pause, forward, or call it a night. You have to select the remote master for your party before the party can start.
Millions of people have joined the fun of remote movie nights and are having a blast. It’s an excellent tool if your loved ones are far away. So, get your friends and family together for a new age of movie nights, and let the fun begin.
Let’s get this party started!
Now you can finally enjoy a movie night with your friends and family, no matter how far apart you are. Just remember to get the popcorn ready before you begin.